Create a New Account
Already have an account? Log in
"There is one thing I don't take risks with, and that's my bone health, because without strong bones I wouldn't have been able to sail across so many seas. I'm not going to take any risks with my bones, and neither should you." Dame Ellen MacArthur, solo long-distance yachts woman.
Unived's CalDveg gives your bones the strength and endurance to last through your life.
CalDveg offers you high grade unadulterated, non-GMO bone health nutrition that is 100% natural & safe and 100% vegetarian & vegan.
Each serving of CalDveg contains 500mg of superior calcium that is organic and derived from the potent plant source, marine algae or Algas calcareas, which also contains magnesium and trace minerals.
CalDveg comes with the essential nutrients of plant based vitamin D3 to help the body absorb calcium, and natural K2-7 which plays an important role in the utilization of calcium and other minerals.
CalDveg is formulated for optimum bone health and healthy bone ageing throughout your adult life.
Unived's CalDveg is inspired by the instrumental role that bones play in enabling us to achieve all that we are capable of. Loss of bone and muscle health can impact your entire physiology predisposing the body to fatal health conditions such as osteoporosis, fractures and cardiovascular disorders. CalDveg contains algal calcium along with magnesium, and trace minerals from a healthier vegetarian source which combine to fortify your bones. Vitamin D3 ensures (near) 100% absorption of calcium and stronger bones. Vitamin K 2-7 brings about binding and utilization of calcium and bone strengthening.
Simply calcium or composite nutrition
An increasing volume of research has brought about a shift in the perception that equates calcium alone to bone health, by highlighting the importance of vitamin D3, vitamin K2-7 and minerals like phosphorus and magnesium. Consuming plain calcium supplements is not only ineffective it is also dangerous; specifically for your cardiovascular health. Calcium supplements taken singularly can increase the risk of cardiovascular disease including myocardial infarction by 30% and stroke.
Unived takes a holistic approach towards bone health by bringing together all the ingredients required for durable and disease free bones while also contributing to other aspects of your health. Increased calcium intake combined with vitamin D3, leads to increased absorption of calcium. And vitamin K2-7 aids in its safe and effective utilization. Magnesium and other trace minerals contribute to optimum bone development and prevent disease.,
Algae calcium functions more holistically than traditional calcium. While regular calcium supplements merely slow bone loss to an extent, algae calcium contributes by increasing bone density.
Algal calcium is a superior, more effective and reliable alternative to traditional calcium products, a majority of which contain calcium carbonate and calcium citrate – mostly derived from marble and limestone.
Did you know that your bones are highly dependent upon vitamin K 2-7 for growth, development and maintenance? Bones can never achieve complete nutrition unless you supplement them with enough vitamin K2-7. Also without vitamin K2-7 you are putting your heart in grave danger. In a phenomenon called the 'Calcium Paradox', the lack of calcium in the bones correlates strongly with the deposition of calcium in the arteries. Vitamin K2-7 is needed to activate bone proteins such as osteocalcin, essential to bind calcium effectively to the bone matrix, keeping bones dense and strong. Shortage in vitamin K2-7 means that proteins such as osteocalcin are not able to perform their function and the calcium is lost into the blood stream instead of being deposited onto the bones. The result is a simultaneous increase in the risk of osteoporosis and calcification of the arteries.
Unived's CalDveg is made using 1000 I.U. of vitamin D3, which readily binds with vitamin D receptors and effectively maximizes calcium absorption (near 100% absorption as opposed to 2% in most popular calcium supplements).
Unived derives its vitamin D3 from lichen extracts –the only purely vegetarian and vegan source of D3 or cholecalciferol, the biologically active form of vitamin D.
Unived's CalDveg is a 100% natural, vegan solution for healthy bones and effective prevention of bone and joint disorders.
It is well established that most commercial calcium supplements taken singularly do more harm than good and a balance of composite nutrition is essential for optimum bone health. Unived's CalDveg contains a balanced dosage of all the elements necessary for your bones including 500mg organic algal calcium, 33mg organic algal magnesium, 1000 I.U. plant based vitamin D3 & 50mcg vitamin K2-7 and other trace minerals.
Compared to other calcium supplements, CalDveg is more bio-available and made for maximum absorption and utilization.
As a dietary supplement, Unived recommends a daily dose of 2 capsules for adults. For children, the optimal dosage is one capsule a day.
Take 1 capsule after lunch and 1 capsule after dinner. It is not recommended to consume both capsules at the same time. For optimal results and better bioavailability it is recommended that the dose is split.
If you are taking iron supplements, please avoid taking CalDveg at the same time as taking iron. There should be a minimum of a two hour gap between taking iron and calcium.
The bone is a dynamic and active organ with a complex structure. It contains, among other components, live tissue, nerves, blood vessels, marrow and collagen. Bones play many fundamental roles in your body – provide structure, protect organs, anchor your muscles, store minerals and produce red and white blood cells. Throughout its lifetime, the bone goes through both, destruction and formation carried out by osteoclasts and osteoblasts respectively. As part of growth and development, your skeleton undergoes these processes to gain appropriate shape and structure. This process is called modeling. Whereas during remodeling, there is simultaneous break down of old or damaged bone and replacement with new bone mass. Remodeling accounts for complete regeneration of the adult skeleton every 10 years.
For good health and steady functioning of bones adequate nutrition is essential. Optimum bone health rests on a group of nutrients that work in consonance to improve skeletal health and keep the multiple diseases (especially of ageing) at bay. Several nutrients and dietary components including macronutrients, micronutrients and bioactive food ingredients can influence bone health.
Unived's CalDveg is made with a holistic approach towards repairing damaged bones, as well as preventing disease. Nutrition is always a balanced influx of multiple nutrients and it is especially true of bone health. We not only ensure you get enough calcium, magnesium and other minerals but also facilitate their absorption and utilization. Vitamin D3 and K2-7 play an important role in this.
CalDveg is made for complete bone fortification.
Your body needs calcium for various functions including strengthening of bones and teeth, blood clotting and cardiovascular and neurological functioning. Your bones and teeth store ninety-nine percent of the calcium and the rest is present in blood and tissues.
Sunshine vitamin is a popular connotation for vitamin D. You need vitamin D, to make sure that you absorb enough total quantum of calcium.
Vitamin K is a unique nutrient produced within the body. However, it is not produced by the body but by beneficial microorganisms in the intestine. The vitamin produced in this manner is in fact 75% of what the body absorbs whereas the other 25% is attained from external sources. Once absorbed it equals the minimum quantity required for normal bodily functioning. Experts strongly recommend vitamin K2 supplements to help ensure bone and heart health.
Magnesium and other trace minerals are also extremely essential for bone fortification, and deposition & utilization of minerals
Poor bone health is mostly a result of nutritional deficiencies particularly of calcium, vitamin D, vitamin K and other minerals like phosphorus and magnesium. Maintaining a strong durable skeletal health can be a complex process. You require the right amount of bone mass, structure and composition. Several factors come into play, as both environment as well as your genetic makeup contributes to bone health. The right combination is key. Bone building typically exceeds bone destruction in healthy persons who get enough calcium intake and exercise. After that, destruction becomes the more prominent process.
Several reasons make women more vulnerable to bone related disorders as compared to men. For one, they tend to have smaller and thinner bones. Estrogen, a hormone with a protective effect on bones, reduces sharply post menopause, which increases their chance of getting osteoporosis.
Unived's CalDveg helps by avoiding bone loss as well as strengthening your bones. Regular consumption not only supplies your bones with requisite nutrition but also ensures its effective absorption and utilization. It is suitable for young women, expecting, pregnant and breastfeeding mothers as well as postmenopausal women who undergo hormone related bone loss. CalDveg is derived from natural and plant based ingredients that are replete with nutrition and have no side effects. It is safe for long term use.
Men tend to have sturdier bones than women yet they too are susceptible to risk factors leading to bone loss.
Unived's CalDveg brings the requisite nutrition for strong bones. The essential minerals and vitamins D and K, promote bone forming cells to be active and prevent bone loss consistently. Being a balanced bone health supplement, CalDveg not only prevents bone related disorders like osteoporosis but also averts calcification of arteries that occur due to inappropriate supplementation.
Humans are the only species on the planet that consume milk beyond infancy and as adults. In fact a large number of individuals tend to stop producing lactase the enzyme required to digest milk, as they mature.
Unived's CalDveg is 100% vegetarian/vegan and contains no animal based ingredients. Unived vouches for complete bone health encompassing all the essential nutrients including calcium, vitamin D3, vitamin K2, and magnesium and trace minerals. Purely plant based ingredients including algal calcium and vitamin D3 from lichens make CalDveg rich in nutrition, highly bioavailable and well absorbed.
Men and women begin experiencing bone loss in their 40s. However, women experience a rapid phase of loss during the first 5–10 years after menopause, due to the loss of estrogen. In men, this phase is obscure, since there is only a slow and progressive decline in sex steroid production; hence, the loss of bone in men is linear and slower.
In the nascent stages of bone formation, the creation of bone exceeds the destruction of bone. Your bones continue to be built in this manner until you pass the age of thirty. Beyond that the bone formation becomes lesser than the bone destruction. This leads to the corrosion of your bones and you end up with weaker bones. Weak bones are an open invitation for bone related diseases such as osteoporosis and osteoarthritis.
To ensure a healthy bone building process and prevent your bones from weakening and being afflicted by disease, you need an appropriate combination of the right nutrients. Calcium, vitamin D3 and vitamin K2-7 are all needed for intake, absorption and utilization of minerals for good bones. You need to supplement your bones with all these essential nutrients. That is why Unived's CalDveg is an ideal supplement for your bones. It contains all the nutrients needed for optimum bone development and healthy bone ageing.
Good bone health requires all the essential nutrients necessary for growth and development of your skeleton. Calcium although important is only one aspect of this process. You also need other nutrients such as vitamin D and vitamin K to ensure that the calcium and other minerals are absorbed and utilized in order to strengthen your bones. In fact taking calcium singularly can be a major health risk as it may deposit on your arteries and may
Bone building is a lifetime process although it is more pronounced in the developmental phase during childhood and youth. That is why it is important to ensure that children and young adults get all the essential nutrition. Up until midlife, it is important to make sure that your bones get the minerals, protein and vitamins they need so that your bones will have developed into a sturdy framework for you to rely on in the later years of your life. This way the bones can reach their optimum growth and minimize the risk of being afflicted by bone related disorders such as osteoporosis, and fractures in later life. This way, when you are older you run lesser risk of disease and frailty. Continue to nourish your bones as you age, to counter the bone loss that occurs during that phase of life. You need to replenish your bones with calcium, magnesium and other trace minerals, and vitamins D3 and K2-7 throughout your life.
Most commercially available calcium supplements contain calcium in the form of calcium carbonate and calcium citrate. These types of calcium are derived from materials such as limestone and marble. These are basically inorganic forms of calcium and are inefficiently absorbed and the calcium is never put to the use for which it is meant. Instead, it remains in the blood and eventually causes kidney stones or even worse deposits on your arteries hardening them and increasing the risk for stroke and heart attacks.
Unived's CalDveg is important for your bones as it contains Algae calcium which is highly absorbable (nearly 80%) and also contains magnesium and other trace minerals for bone fortification. These essential minerals are combined with the goodness of vitamins D3 and K2-7 which ensure the absorption and utilization of calcium. This means that your bones have all the nutrition they need. CalDveg not only delivers the essential nutrients, but also makes sure that they are effectively utilized to make your bones strong and healthy for the long term.
Vitamin D3 is required to process the calcium we obtain from diet and supplements. It is required to facilitate the natural process of intestinal absorption of calcium so that it can be utilized for the bones. It also contributes by maintaining the calcium/phosphorus balance in the body and by facilitating infusion of minerals in the bones. Vitamin K 2-7 plays a role in activation of specific vitamin K dependent proteins (such as osteocalcin) which promote deposition of calcium on bones and prevent calcification of arteries and blood vessels.
Vitamin D3, also called cholecalciferol, is the active form of vitamin D. It is proven to be more potent as compared with vitamin D2. It has more half-life as compared with D2. In clinical terms, this means that it stays in the body longer than vitamin D2. Vitamin D3 also has more affinity to the vitamin D receptors present in several major organs of the body. Unived uses vitamin D derived from lichens, the only completely natural and vegan/vegetarian source of vitamin D3.
Vitamin K1 is primarily known for its role in blood clotting. Vitamin K2-7 on the other hand is proven to positively influence bone health. It is associated with increase in Bone Mineral Density (BMD) and reduced fractures. Also, vitamin K2 has better 'half-life' as compared with vitamin K1. Vitamin K2-7 plays a role in activation of specific vitamin K dependent proteins (such as osteocalcin) which promote deposition of calcium on bones and prevents calcification of arteries and blood vessels.
CalDveg is derived from all natural and nutrient rich sources. It does not contain any synthetic preservatives or additives. It has no know side-effects and is safe for life long use.
Note: If you are taking iron supplements, avoid taking CalDveg and your iron supplements at the same time, as calcium can interfere with iron absorption.
You need to nourish your bones throughout your life. Each serving of CalDveg offers 500mg of natural plant based nutrients for nourishing your bones including calcium, magnesium, vitamins D3 and K2-7 and trace minerals. Unived recommends two capsules per day.
We recommend that you split the dose by taking one capsule after lunch and one after dinner for optimal results and better bioavailability.
1. Bolland MJ et al., 'Effect of Calcium supplements on risk of myocardial infarction and cardiovascular events: meta-analysis', British Medical Journal, 2010, 341(7767).
2. SPS Teotia & M Teotia, 'Nutritional Bone Disease in Indian Population', Indian Journal of Medical Research, Mar 2008, vol. 127(3), pg. 219-228.
3. Saltman PD & Strause LG, 'The role of trace minerals in Osteoporosis', The Journal of American College of Nutrition, Aug 1993, vol. 12(4), pg. 384-9.
4. Benjamin Tang et al., 'Use of calcium or calcium in combination with vitamin D supplementation to prevent fractures and bone loss in people aged 50 years and older: a meta-analysis', Lancet, August 25, 2007, vol. 370(9588), 657-66.
5. Michalek et al., 'Changes in total body bone mineral density following a common bone health plan with two versions of a unique bone health supplement: a comparative effectiveness research study', Nutrition Journal, Dec 2011, vol. 10(1).
6. RS Adluri et al, 'Comparative effects of a novel plant-based calcium supplement with two common calcium salts on proliferation and mineralization in human osteoblast cells', Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry, 2010, vol. 340 (1-2), pg. 73–80.
7. Steven Plaza & Davis Lamson, 'Vitamin K2 in Bone Metabolism and Osteoporosis', Alternative Medicine Review, 2005, vol. 10 (1), pg. 24-35.
8. Vladimir Badmaev, 'The vitamin K2/ menaquinone-7 evolution', Nutrition, NutraCos, July/August 2012.
9. Lisa Houghton & Reinhold Veith, 'The case against ergocalciferol (vitamin D2) as a vitamin supplement1'2', American Journal of Clinical Nutrition 2006, 84 (4), 694-7.
10. Stavros c. Manolagas, 'Birth and Death of Bone Cells: Basic Regulatory Mechanisms and Implications for the Pathogenesis and Treatment of Osteoporosis', Endocrine Reviews, April 2000, vol. 21 (2), pg. 115-137.
11. Kevin Cashman, 'Diet Nutrition and Bone Health', Journal of Nutrition, Nov 2007, vol. 137 (11), pg. 2507S-2512S.
12. 'Calcium and Milk: What's Best for Your Bones and Health?', The Nutrition Source, Harvard School of Public Health.
13. SPS Teotia & M Teotia, 'Nutritional Bone Disease in Indian Population', Indian Journal of Medical Research, Mar 2008, vol. 127(3), pg. 219-228.
14. Dietary Reference Intakes for Calcium and Vitamin D in 'Calcium', Supplement fact Sheet by Office of Dietary Supplements, National Institutes of Health.
15. Robert Heaney, 'Vitamin D and Calcium Interactions: Functional Outcomes', American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, vol. 88(2), August 2008, pg. 541S-544S.
16. Michael F Hollick, 'Sunlight and Vitamin D for Bone Health and prevention of autoimmune diseases, cancers, and cardiovascular disease', American Society for Clinical Nutrition, vol. 80(6), Dec 2004, pg. 1678S-1688S.
17. Eamon Laird et al, 'Vitamin D and Bone Health, Potential Mechanisms', Nutrients, Jul 2010, vol. 2 (7), pg. 693-724.
18. William Davis MD, 'Protecting Bone and Arterial Health with Vitamin K2', Life Extension Magazine, March 2008.
19.'Dietary Intakes of Calcium, Phosphorus, Magnesium, Vitamin D, and Fluoride', Institute of Medicine, US Standing Committee on Scientific Evaluation Reference Intakes for Calcium, Phosphorus, Magnesium, Vitamin D and Fluoride, National Academies Press, 1997.
20. Reema Gehi, 'Why young Mumbaikars are rushing to Mumbai Ortho Clinics', Mumbai Mirror, Dec 22, 2013.
21. Rathish Nair & Arun Maseeh, 'Vitamin D: The Sunshine Vitamin', Journal of Pharmacology Pharmacotherapeutics, Apr-Jun 2012, vol. 3(2), pg. 118–126.
22. 'Vitamin K2', Alternative Medicine Review, 2009, Vol. 14(3), pg. 284-293.
23. Saltman PD & Strause LG, 'The role of trace minerals in osteoporosis', Journal of the American College of Nutrition, Aug 1993, vol. 12(4), pg. 384-9.
24. 'What Women Need to Know', National Osteoporosis Foundation, nof.org.
25.Anuradha Khadilkar & Neha Kajale, 'Bone Health Status in Indian Women', Indian Journal of Medical Research, Jan 2013, vol. 137(1), pg. 7-9.
26.'Calcium', Dietary Supplement Fact Sheet by Office of Dietary Supplements, National Institutes of Health.
27. Nathan Gray, 'Vitamin D may decrease pain for women with type 2 diabetes and depression', Nutraingredients, 5 Dec 2013.
28. Ann Prentice et al, 'Lactation and Bone Development: Implications for the Calcium Requirements of Infants and Lactating Mothers', Nutrition and Bone Development, Nestle Nutrition Workshop Series, Vol. 4, Vevey/Lippincot – Raven Publishers, 1999.
29. 'Estrogen is important for bone health in men as well as women', Medical News Today, 13 May 2007.
30. 'Osteoporosis in Men', Osteoporosis, NIH Osteoporosis and Related Bone Diseases National Resource Centre.
31. Susan Lang, 'Lactose Intolerance seems linked to ancestral struggles with harsh climate and cattle diseases', Cornell University Study, Cornell Chronicle, June 1, 2005.
32. 'Lactose Intolerance', Cutting Edge sec. 8.3, Interactive Concepts in Biochemistry, Wiley.
33. Vegetarian Diets, Jan 28, 2013, American Heart Association.
34. Nordin BE et al, 'Nutrition Osteoporosis and Ageing', Annals of New York Academy of Sciences, 20 Nov 1998, vol. 854, pg. 336-51.
35. Lynn Yarris, 'The Brittleness of Ageing Bones – More than a Loss of Bone Mass', Berkeley Lab.
36. Ann Scott Russell, Elaine Dennison and Cyrus Cooper, 'Epidemiology and Public Health Impact of Osteoporosis', Nutritional Aspects of Bone Health - edited by Susan A New and Jean Philip Bonjour, The Royal Society of Chemistry 2003.